- THEME PARK
- SCHOOLS & GROUPS
- VISITOR INFO
- BOOK TICKETS
- GIFT VOUCHERS
- School Tours
- Black Friday Sale
Take a glimpse into the construction site at Tayto Park for the most exciting attraction to hit Ireland this summer, The Viking Voyage at The Park.
Construction is well under way at Tayto Park for the exciting new Viking-themed flume ride that will open at Irelands favourite theme park and zoo, this June. With 1.7 million litres of water, a Viking village and 5 replica Viking ships, families can expect to feel the splash on the latest addition to Ireland’s favourite theme park and zoo. Over 10,000 tonnes of concrete and 500 tonnes of steel have gone into the construction of the ride so far, with staff learning and using building methods from the Viking age to create a truly authentic experience.
Some interesting Viking Voyage facts:
· Tayto Park have used Viking experts from Sweden and theming contractors who have worked in major worldwide theme parks and film sets including Disneyland and Game of Thrones.
· The construction team used Viking building methods including wattle fencing, Viking ships, currachs and thatch built in the methods from 1000 years ago.
· Over 60,000 man hours when complete.
· 1.7 million litres of water will be used to fill it once complete and over 5000 bundles of straw.
· They are building one of only a couple of round towers to be constructed in Ireland in the last 900 years.
· Over 5000 trees will be planted to recreate the Irish landscape from 1000 years ago.
· There will be a man-made mountain sits 60ft above the ride and the boats pass through it 3 times.
The Viking Voyage at the Park will open June 16th 2017.