We are currently hiring for our busy Gardens Team. This is a full time contract with an immediate start. The successful applicant must be enthusiastic, work well as part of a team and have good knowledge and experience working with plants and operating landscaping machinery. Please email CV to email@example.com
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Overall appearance of the park maintained to the highest possible level
- Shrubbery maintenance and weed control around park
- Weekly and monthly lawn management
- Theming and construction projects during winter months
- Engaging with members of the public on a daily basis
- Identify and control plant disease
- Must have experience operating landscape tools and machinery
- Should have valid safe pass and spraying cert
- Work well as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines
Tayto Park Ltd. requires an Operations Manager who will be responsible for the overall day to day running of the park. Reporting to the General Manager the role will primarily involve ensuring the park’s guests have an excellent experience in the park. Departmental Managers will report to the Operations Manager. The role will involve close supervision of the operation of the mechanical rides in the park as well as co-ordinating the operation of the other departments including food and beverage, zoo, park maintenance. An enthusiastic person who can cope under pressure and lead a team of people to work in a busy environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, be able to work on their own initiative and be computer literate.
- Ensuring the park’s guests have an excellent experience in the park
- Managing the Mechanical Rides section of the park.
- Co-ordinate the operation of other departments in the park.
- Be part of the senior management team of Tayto Park
- Managing a large workforce during high season (400+) and ensuring labour costs are kept within budget.
- Working closely with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure guest and staff safety in the park.
- Working closely with the maintenance team to ensure rides are in operation when the park is open.
- Overall responsibility for the cleanliness and appearance of the park.
- Improve the existing standard operating procedures in the park where necessary.
- Develop and adhere to operations budget.
- Keep track of staffing requirements and hire new talent as needed to correspond with specific duties and skill sets.
- Contribute towards the achievement of Tayto Parks’ strategic and operational objectives.
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Not Limited to):
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- A confident demeanour and a high standard of personal presentation.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work on your own initiative.
- Good time keeping and punctuality required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of customers/clients and management in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team setting where a high degree of daily communication is required. Must care about and value viewpoints of other team members with different areas of responsibility.
3 to 5 years’ in a similar role is essential.
Experience of dealing with the general public and managing a large workforce.
Dealing with adventure zone type activities.
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org